We all know that people are living longer with several lifestyle diseases. The present lifestyle has made people more exposed to numerous lifestyle diseases that have made people rely more on various medications.
Lifestyle diseases are health problems connected to how people live. Some common lifestyle diseases include being very overweight, high blood pressure, strokes, heart issues, and problems with hormones. These happen because of bad eating habits, drinking alcohol and using drugs, not exercising, having a messed-up daily schedule, and more. It takes a long time for these diseases to show up, and once they do, they’re hard to get rid of.
Nowadays, people often rely on medicine to deal with these issues because our modern way of life makes us more at risk of getting them. Technology has made our lives easier but also less healthy. Eating lots of meat, dairy, tobacco, sugary drinks, and alcohol can make lifestyle diseases more likely. Other things like not having a job, living in an unsafe place, having a stressful job, and so on can also lead to these diseases in adults. This article will help you understand lifestyle diseases and how Ayurveda can help prevent them.
Formation of Lifestyle disorders
- Lifestyle disorders happen when our eating habits are out of balance. If you regularly skip meals, eat too much, and consume a lot of sugary and oily foods, you’re setting yourself up for a lifestyle disorder. Unhealthy eating leaves your body lacking essential nutrients and makes you vulnerable to conditions like diabetes, strokes, and heart diseases.
- Not getting enough exercise is another big factor in causing lifestyle disorders. It can lead to problems like obesity and serious conditions such as heart disease and certain types of cancer. Staying active is essential for a better quality of life.
- A lack of proper sleep is also a key contributor to lifestyle disorders. People with poor sleep habits are at a higher risk of developing high blood pressure, experiencing strokes, and having irregular heartbeats. Lastly, stress can disrupt your body’s natural health processes and contribute to lifestyle disorders.
Common Lifestyle Disorders
- Cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension, heart attack, and stroke are the most common lifestyle disorders. Other categories of the disease include Cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, asthma, chronic liver disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis. Obesity is another lifestyle problem.
- Smoking and alcoholism are other important factors for lifestyle disorders. It reduces a person’s stamina, in the long run, directing to the growth of numerous diseases. Osteoporosis is due to insufficient exposure to the sun and eating food with limited vitamins and minerals.
- Heart diseases are common in young adults. These arise due to sedentary lifestyles and poor eating habits. The symptoms of heart disease are shown in most people after the age of 50. Chronic liver disorders are associated with alcoholism and eating food with less protein and vitamins.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco also result in oral cancer. Diabetes is caused due to overeating starchy food containing sugar and carbohydrates. Stress and inadequate physical exercise also result in diabetes. Obesity is another lifestyle situation due to some causes.
Ayurvedic Approach to Deal with Lifestyle Disorders:
Ayurveda offers effective ways to address lifestyle disorders. It provides solutions for tackling various lifestyle diseases through healthy lifestyle practices, proper dietary management, detoxification, and rejuvenation. Moreover, the application of rejuvenating herbs and Ayurveda therapies provides enough scope to prevent the disease from the root and also promoting one’s health resulting in complete cure of the disease.
Ayurveda also outlines specific methods for managing lifestyle disorders which includes:
- Dincharya / Ritucharya – If an individual follows a proper daily and seasonal regimen, he can overcome the stress of seasonal variation and may not suffer from any lifestyle disorders,
- Ahara- Diet and dietary regimen – An inappropriate and unbalanced diet is the main cause behind any lifestyle disorders in the body. Sufficient growth and maintenance of the body depends on an optimum and balanced diet. This diet should be simple, easily digestible, and optimum in quantity. Consuming these unbalanced diets / Tamasa and Rajas diets should be certainly avoided as these diets can cause excess overload on the digestion system and metabolic process of the body.
- Nidra (Proper rest): Good sleep is an important factor for protecting your health. Today, it has been noted that sleep is not given proper attention and consideration which often leads to anxiety, depression, stress, and many other lifestyle disorders.
- Curbing and controlling of our desires: This is the third most important component of a healthy life. If an individual balances physical desires, desire to eat fatty foods, desire to take alcohol, tobacco, and drugs, then an individual can maintain a healthy life.
- Vihara: It includes different types of dos and don’ts in our lifestyle. It suggests abstaining from the factors that cause mental agony. It is not that what we eat kills us, it is what that eats us and that kills you.
- Vyayama (Exercise): It is an important part of a daily regimen.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma treatments helps in decreasing stress, restore mental health, and prevent illnesses caused by lifestyle choices which are extremely useful to the body’s well-being. This includes Snehan (Oleation), Swedan (Steam), Vaman (Therapeutic emesis), Virechana (Therapeutic purgation), Basti (Therapeutic decoction and oil enema), Nasya, and Raktamoshana.
- Rasayan Treatment: Rasayana medicines have antioxidant, adaptogenic, and immunomodulatory properties which protects the body from lifestyle disorders. Rasayana treatment rejuvenates and nourishes your body by strengthening Agni bala (digestive fire), Indriya Bala, and Dhatubala.
In conclusion, a healthy body should be our first concern in life. So, even though you’re busy, take care of your physique to be able to live a long healthy life. Ayurveda provides an effective path to counter these lifestyle diseases by promoting balanced living, proper nutrition, detoxification, and rejuvenation therapies. Ayurclinic Melbourne with its holistic approach, stands as a beacon of hope in the management of lifestyle disorders. Our personalized assessments and tailored Ayurvedic therapies, combined with dietary and lifestyle adjustments, offer patients the means to address the root causes of these disorders.
Choose Ayurclinic as your partner in preventing and managing lifestyle disorders for a healthier and happier life. Consult us online and talk with our expert Ayurveda doctors to receive effective Ayurvedic treatments in Melbourne for your lifestyle disorders.