Ayurvedic Pulse Diagnosis
Ayurveda has got something more than the above general information about pulse.
According to Ayurveda, every cell in our body sends its own unique signal to the heart via different vital organs, and the blood stream. These praanic currents of energy are then compressed into rhythmic pulsation, which can be decoded to reveal what is going on in the liver or the kidneys, the left ventricle of the heart or the right fallopian tube. One electro-magnetic wave is all it takes to telecast an entire scene; likewise, our constitution has devised out how to convey the entire body’s activities through the pulse.
The term naadi literally means “a tube or channel through which something flows”. Pulse examination is the examination of the arterial pulses at certain points on the body. The early hours of the morning are the best times for pulse examination. The pulse at the wrist on the right hand is selected for the men and on the left hand for the women. While examining the pulse, the patient is made to sit comfortably, relieved of his natural urges, and with faith in the examiner.
How it works?
When an Ayurvedic physician touches your wrist, he probes deep into your general state of health, ill health and even the bad prognosis. Naadi spandana is caused by heartbeats and the consequent movement of rasa (comparable to plasma) and rakta (comparable to blood). Rasa dhaahu is the medium for the tridoshas to circulate all over the body, their signs being found in the naadi.
Proficiency in pulse diagnosis is gained by long practice, alertness and guidance from the preceptor. Though learning to detect disease from the pulse is a skill belonging to the physician, you can also become familiar with your own pulse and glean fascinating insights into doshas. Once you have worked with your doshas you can easily attribute them to pre-mentioned qualities, signs, symptoms etc. of corresponding doshas in the classical texts. From this data-base, you can gain true intimacy with your own doshas.
Book Your Appointment
What is revealed through Nadipareeksha:
Nadi Pariksha is undertaken to understand the following aspects in an individual:
- Helps to ascertain “One’s Original Constitution at the time of Conception” (Prakruti). This forms the basis of deciding the basis and structure of the individualized Healing process.
- Helps to understand “One’s Current Constitution as against the Original Constitution” (Vikruti). The diagnosis ascertains the deviation that the body and mind have taken as compared to its original constitution. Also, it enables one to understand the prognosis of ailments that have arisen during this transition from Prakruti to Vikruti.
- Nadi Pariksha successfully tracks down the altered state of the mind. This is very important as the science of Ayurveda believes that a major part of human ailments are psychosomatic in nature. This is so because the only way the Mind can express itself is through the body. Therefore, the body works to a very large extent according to the dictates of the mind.
- The analysis at the Doshas, the subtle entities of the psycho – physiological body. Any alteration in the Doshas can lead to understanding of the disease process. The doshas like Vata, Pitta & Kapha and their sub units help in understanding:
- The movement of energies and the working of the nervous system, circulation as defined by the pulsation of the heart, and the movement of nutrition to various tissues in the body.
- The metabolic process and the process of bio-transformation in the body, which governs the activities of Digestion, Absorption & Assimilation of Nutrition.
- The assimilating and binding functions through the help of bodily fluids, which includes the Proper and Healthy formation of Muscles, Bones, Ligaments and Tendons etc.
- The study of the health of various types of tissues in the body like Plasma, Blood, Muscle, Marrow, Bone, Nerve and reproduction.
- The health of the Chakras or the subtle energy wheels in the body that corresponds to the glands in the physical body is ascertained. Chakras relate to and control certain physiological processes in the body
To know more about pulse reading or to have your pulse analysis done please contact on (03) 9078 2940 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org