Sinusitis is known as pinas in Ayurveda. Sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses when it gets blocked with mucus, germs or fluid and gets infected. Kids who get colds more often and asthma patients are more at risk of getting this condition as it starts with some infection in the nasal cavity.
According to Ayurveda sinusitis ac be influenced by many factors and imbalances and the healing requires a multifaceted Ayurvedic approach.
Sinusitis is generally classified into different types depending on the periodicity of it they are:
- Acute sinusitis – sudden cold-like symptoms that typically last up to 4 weeks or less
- Sub-acute sinusitis – inflammation lasting from 4 to 8 weeks
- Chronic sinusitis – the symptoms last for 8 weeks or longer
- Recurrent sinusitis – Several episodes of acute sinusitis within a year.
Causes of Sinusitis
Sinusitis develops usually after prolonged cold or allergies causing too much mucus blocking or swelling of the sinuses or nose. The common causes of Sinusitis are:
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Accumulation of Toxins in tissues blocking circulation
- Dust or pollen allergy
- Poor nutrition
- Low resistance and immunity
- Mouth Infections
- Poor digestion
- Physical and mental stress
- Nervous system Imbalances
- Disruption in natural biological rhythms
Symptoms of sinusitis
- Difficulty in breathing blocked nose
- Thick discharge of mucus from the nose
- pain in the ears, jaw and sometimes even the teeth
- Swelling of the face
- Loss of the senses of smell and taste
- Bad breath
- Pressured Feeling in the face
- Facial pain
- prolonged feeling of being unwell
Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle rules for sinusitis
- Wash your hands frequently to keep germs at bay
- Do not ignore tooth infections or pain
- Always keep yourself well hydrated
- Take precautions to keep yourself warm and disease free in winters
- Avoid smoking
- Follow a regular light exercise schedule
- Include seasonal fruits in your diet
- Eat warm and freshly prepared foods
- Avoid cold foods drinks and showers
- Avoid excessively oily, sweet, salty, sour and heavy to digest foods
- Regularly include garlic, onion, turmeric, basil, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, rock salt and ginger in your daily foods
- Avoid day sleep, sleeping excessively or sleeping late at night
- Keep your bowels clear
- Avoid skipping meals or eating untimed
- Avoid using mosquito repellents frequently
- Protect yourself against dust, chemicals, irritants, pollutants, pollen and smoke by covering your mouth and nose or wearing a mask
Sinusitis treatment at Ayurclinic
Sinusitis treatment at Ayurclinic is multifaceted and involves a combination of detoxification processes, oral medicines and dietary and lifestyle modifications.
Therapies like panchakarma, Nasyam, Shirodhara are commonly practiced depending on the dosha imbalance and severity of the condition to prevent any future recurrences.
Ayurclinic’s approach towards treatments is to rejuvenate the innate healing response for a complete mental and physical healing.
Make an enquiry now or call us on +61 3 9078 2940
We hope that you have found the above information useful.
For confidential and professional advice on how to improve or maintain your health with Ayurveda or Homeopathy, please contact AYURCLINIC.
Book Your Appointment