What is Bursitis?
Bursitis occurs when the bursa beings to swell and becomes inflamed.The bursa acts as a cushion towards the joint and helps it absorb shock. Upon injury the bursa can burst, causing the fluid to leak into the joint, leading to inflammation in the affected area. Bursitis is a common condition that can occur in any synovial joint. Common joints to get bursitis are hip, ankles shoulder, knee, elbow, thighs and buttocks.
Signs of Bursitis
- Pain and inflammation
- Restricted motion
- Skin is warm and red
- Bursitis is generally caused by a crushing injury e.g falling heavy onto your knees.
- Bursitis is caused by repetitive movement to a previously damaged area. Overuse and continuous pressure of the joint will cause trauma to the area.
- Age is also a factor in the cause of bursitis, if you are elderly you are more prone to getting bursitis due to the fragility of the tendons.
- Excessive running and walking, not having the correct footwear and poor technique can increase the chance of bursitis.
- Don’t continue to over use the joint.
- Exercise, Yoga is highly recommended. Try Yoga at our Ayurveda clinic.
- Remember to do the appropriate warm up when exercising.
- Wear knee pads if you are kneeling on the ground.
Rest is important is an important part in the treatment process.To speed up the recovery process of Bursitis you must immediately ice the affected area to reduce further swelling.
Allowing your body to heal in a natural way is vital, for a quick recovery process try homeopathy at AYUR CLINIC it’s a natural way to heal your bursitis.To learn more about a natural way to heal contact us on +61 3 90782940 or email at [email protected]