In Ayurveda, Bronchitis is known as Shwasa Pranali Shoth. The bronchial tubes which are the passage to carry air to the lungs get inflamed. Bronchitis usually results in the accumulation and discharge of phlegm or sputum as this disease is more prone to cold and damp climates.
Bronchitis can be of two kinds acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is caused usually due to cold or influenza. It is of a short duration and cured within a few weeks. While chronic bronchitis is mainly caused due to allergens like air pollution and smoking. It persists for a much longer duration.
Causes of Bronchitis
According to Ayurveda, many imbalances could contribute to Bronchitis. It especially begins with the impairment of the digestive system as digestion and elimination can lead to the bronchial area having an environment that allows infection to occur more easily.
The common causes of bronchitis are:
- Accumulation of Toxins in tissues blocking circulation.
- Poor nutrition
- Exposure to chemicals and pollutants on a continuous basis
- Poor digestion
- Nervous system Imbalance
- Mental and physical stress
- Low resistance and immunity
- Constant disruptions in the natural biological rhythms.
Symptoms of Bronchitis
- Sever and continuous coughs
- Irritation of the throat
- Pain and discomfort in the chest area especially during the winter
- Difficulty in expelling phlegm
- Wheezing or whistling sound while breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
Diet and lifestyle to prevent bronchitis
- Alcohol and tobacco should be avoided
- Easily digestible foods should be preferred
- Sour food items like pickles and curd should be avoided
- Cold food like ice cream and cold drinks should be avoided
- Limit the exposure to cold rain and wind
- Get timely vaccinations
- If you are exposed to pollutants and chemicals on a daily basis wear a mask
- Wash your hands frequently
- Physical exertion and heavy exercises should be avoided
- Consider light stretching and yoga to improve circulation
- Follow a lifestyle that does not disturb your natural bodily rhythm
- Do not have a constantly fluctuating diet and sleeping pattern
- Meditate to avoid stress and tension
Ayurvedic herbs for bronchitis
Herbs in Ayurveda are considered as nutritional supplements for the body. Herbs restore the balance of specific functioning and parts, whose malfunctioning causes the disease. Some herbs that are effective in curing bronchitis are:
- Turmeric – It is the most common herb known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties used as a remedy for bronchitis
- Malabar nut – The juice is found to be very beneficial for bronchitis
- Ginger – It helps in the easy expulsion of the phlegm
- Honey – It helps in controlling and treating cough
- Holy basil – It is very helpful in treating sore throat
- Black pepper – It helps in relieving the mucous membrane
Bronchitis treatment at Ayurclinic
Ayurclinic’s treatments for Bronchitis involves Rejuvenation therapy and treatment with mild herbal enema aiming at removing toxins and opening circulation to loosen impurities embedded in tissues.
Also Herbal oil massages with specific oils that is individually prepared for the patient’s condition to provide a deeply soothing and balancing effect for the entire physiology
Our treatments open the channels of circulation and elimination so that proper nourishment can reach the tissues to aid their repair and development.
Ayurclinic’s approach towards treatments is to rejuvenate the innate healing response of for a complete mental and physical healing.
Make an enquiry now or call us on +61 3 9078 2940
We hope that you have found the above information useful.
For confidential and professional advice on how to improve or maintain your health with Ayurveda or Homeopathy, please contact AYURCLINIC.
Book Your Appointment