Ulcerative Colitis is the inflammation of the inner lining of the colon and rectum. It is commonly found in individuals from the age 15 to 40. The disease can be quite disabling as this inflammation produces tiny sores called ulcers on the lining of your colon. It usually begins in the rectum and spreads upward. It can involve your entire colon. The inflammation causes your bowel to move its contents rapidly and empty frequently. As cells on the surface of the lining of your bowel die, ulcers form. The ulcers may cause bleeding and discharge of mucus and puss.
- Pain in the abdomen, joints, or rectum.
- Intermittent pain in the abdomen.
- Gastrointestinal bloating.
- Blood in stool.
- Inability to empty bowels.
- Leaking of stool or urgent need to defecate.
- Anaemia, fatigue, fever, or loss of appetite.
- Cramping or weight loss.
- Autoimmune factors.
- Food allergies.
- Collagen disorders.
- Genetic factors.
- Eating while watching TV or walking.
- Excessive heat or exposure of the sun.
- Excessive alcohol and smoking.
- Excessive mental activity.
- Skipping meals.
- Spicy, sour or stale and infected foods.
What is Ulcerative Colitis In Ayurveda
Ulcerative colitis is a disease of purishavahasrotas which is caused by Pitta pradhana Vata doshas. Ama producing food can trigger it, which usually occurs when food is in the intestine, undigested.
Working with you to achieve health and wellbeing.
Line Of Treatment
The treatment to Ulcerative Colitis begins with balancing the amount of Pitta one’s body.
These begins with a personalized treatment plan with the appropriate herbal medications, diet, lifestyle that will treat the root cause of the Ulcerative Colitis.
Decoction of UdumbaraKvath is generally prescribed two times a day and is effective to reduce inflammation and ulceration.
A combination of LodhraTvakChurna, Musta Moola Churna, NagakesaraChurna and Mukta Panchamrut Rasa taken three times a day, mixed with water has shown good results as well.
- Avoid tea, coffee, milk, cheese and other dairy products cold products like ice cream
- Avoid Pitta aggravating foods like sour, spicy food and citrus fruits.
- Keep stress at a minimal level.
- Coconut water, bitter gourd and bitter vegetables, pumpkins, licorice in small amounts.
For expert guidance and treatment for Ulcerative Colitis, feel free to reach out to the best providers of ayurveda Melbourne, Ayurclinic. We offer the best services in alternative medicine, and have well experienced naturopaths in Melbourne.