Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder that arises due to the improper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
The Symptoms for this disorder differ usually from person to person. Some of the following are:
- Alternating diarrhea/constipation
- Abdominal pain (confined to the lower left quadrant sometimes)
- Change in texture or appearance of the stool
- Mucous in stool
- Feeling of incomplete waste removal after passing urine
- uncontrollable urges to have bowel movements
- extreme gastric
- Pain when sitting down
- Excess gurgling
- growling in the stomach and abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Spiteful taste in the mouth
- pain in the back
- Irritable bladder
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Heart palpitations
- Gynecological issues
All these symptoms can possibly be caused by some other health issues as well. Therefore, we request you not to self-diagnose the disease, just in case you have any of the above-mentioned symptoms. Consult your doctor, if required, until you have a precise diagnosis.
In case you experience any of the following, immediately see a doctor as these are NOT the symptoms of IBS:
- High fever
- Blood in stool
- Constant pain
Most of the medical practitioners agree that a health problem like Irritable bowel syndrome does not cause any kind of lasting injury or drag the person to some extremely serious conditions like cancer or inflammatory bowel disease.
The conditions that indicate irritable bowel syndrome are explained below:
- Persistent abdominal pain or uneasiness for a minimum of 3-4 days every month for the last 5-6 months, related with 2 or more of the given issues.
- Improvement with excretion
- change in the regularity of passing stool
- change in stool appearance
It is necessary to acquire a precise analysis by the doctor before undertaking the symptoms to be of IBS on your own. Other health issues may instigate comparable signs, and they are essential to be checked by an expert before any self-statements.
Other health conditions that may possibly affect persons with a condition like IBS:
In accordance with various researches that took place in recent times, the people with a health condition like irritable bowel syndrome may also undergo from other issues such as:
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Tension headaches
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
- Primary dysmenorrhea
- Periodic limb movement (PLMS)
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS)
- Fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Myofascial pain syndrome (MPS)
- Irritable bladder
- Multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome (MCSS)
- Migraine headaches
Dealing with a health problem like this is really a challenge for the people who are undergoing the pain and to get it diagnosed as soon as the symptoms are noticed is the best that can be done. Therefore, it is suggested to meet an IBS specialist in Melbourne or any other location as soon as possible.