The Pitta Season
Ayurvedic concepts visualise summer to be a pitta season. The effects of pitta imbalance in this season is more particularly if you are a pitta pre-dominant person. If you could discriminate the symptoms of pitta aggravation, you could easily be able to take necessary precaution to restore your balance and stay healthy.
In summer, our digestive fire goes down, since the internal heat of the body is dispersed to make the body cool. Detoxifying in summer not only helps to make summer more pleasant, but also boosts your immunity to deal with the approaching fall.
Summer Detoxification Ayurveda
Some of the detoxification tips would help you this summer :
- Pitta accumulation happens in small intestine and stomach, so eating light foods would prevent further accumulation of ama
- Staying well hydrated helps to flush away toxins.
- Support regular bowel function and removing toxins from GI using Amla, Neem etc.
- Favour sweet juicy fruits along with bitter and astringent tasting veggies.
- Follow the daily exercises to accelerate the digestive fire and elimination process, but it is better to avoid over-exertion.
- Pitta is usually fiery and hot. Slow down and perform your routine with a calm and graceful pace.
- Incorporate some spices in meals to power-up digestion.
- Pitta’s sharp nature can be channelized by practicing meditation. It relieves the emotional toxins and transforms all the stressful and negative thoughts.
- Have a gentle massage with pitta pacifying oil. It would help to exfoliate and speed up blood flow in tissues.
Enjoy the bright and good things that summer has to offer.