Benefits Of Ghee In Your Diet
Ghee or clarified butter is called the crown jewel of ayurvedic medicines. The golden magic nourishes the ojas (the vital essence of life), kindles the digestive fire yet cools down our body thus pacifying vata and pitta aggravation. The qualities of gheemakes it one of the important elements in ayurvedic-sattvic diet.
It is heavy, oily, soft, lubricating and nurturing the internal organs. It practically contains no lactose or casein which makes it non-allergic even to those who are dairy-sensitive. It contains
- Numerous minerals
- Vitamins A,D, E, K
- A high source of butyric acid
- Phenolic antioxidants
- Omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids
- A complete range of saturated / unsaturated short, medium and long chain fatty acids.
- Conjugated linoleic acid
There are series of health benefits that we can enjoy from the dish. Some of them –
- Kindles digestive fire & helps in fat metabolism
- Most compatible fat for human body (Our gut makes its own ghee i.e.,butyric acid )
- Highest natural source of anti-cancer (Conjugated linoleic acid )
- Burns bad cholesterol.
- Removes dryness in the whole system internally and externally.
- Aids in removing toxins out of the body
- Slows aging process and improves longevity
- Makes your voice soft and melodious
- Heals wounds especially burns.
- Pacifies vata and pitta
- Promotes mental clarity, intelligence and memory
- Stimulates liver to make new bile
Ghee is used in rejuvenation therapies in Ayurveda. It breaks down food matters and encourages intestinal wall to absorb more nutrients. The contraindications of ghee are obesity, high toxic accumulation, high cholesterol and excessive kapha. It can easily be incorporated in all dishes. Ghee, the soothing, cooling and healing life-supportive was our ancestor’s wise choice.
Contact us for more information!