Yoga in it's purest form has proven to promote well-being, since the word 'health' doesn't mean physical wellness alone. The WHO (World Health Organisation) defines the state of health as a state of complete physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being and not merely an absence of disease.
As health awareness is increasing, the need for yoga is being realized widely. All wellness programs and plans include yoga for its healing properties. Although yoga is designed with therapeutic intention thousands of years ago, 'Yoga Therapy' as a separate domain is emerging only recently. Backed up by the positive results for wide researches carried on the yoga techniques, it is now easy for people to accept the importance and benefits of yoga. The concept of interrelated cosmos is acknowledged as well.
It is a good scenario that the yogic principles are utilized widely by all, at the same time it is important to educate the general public about the careful use of yoga therapy. Regular practice of yoga brings a physical and mental well-being, but the therapeutic form of yoga is a customized one that helps you to heal from particular health ailments.
Yoga views a human being with five sheaths of existence beyond the physical level. They are:
- Vijnanamayakosha and
These bodies can be understood as Physical, Pranic, Mental, Emotional and Intellectual levels. The Yogic Concept of Diseases can be divided into 2 main sections –
- Adhija Vyadi (diseases born out of stress) and
- Anadhija Vyadhi (those not related to stress).
Of these Adhija Vyadi covers most Psychosomatic, Somatophychic, Hysterical and Neurosis disease. Yoga is highly recommended for these type of diseases as it not only caters to the physical body but also corrects the subtler bodies.
Yoga therapy promotes
- Self knowledge on the essence and integration of body, mind and spirit.
- It promotes flow of prana or vital force into the body.
- It also serves the structural problems such as joint function and spine misalignment.
- By combining techniques and regular practice, Yoga can promote particular cure in some organs, muscles and joints
- Breathing practices control the anxiety and fear during panic situations
- Yoga and meditation are the proven stress bursters. They give more stable mind and good tolerance.
- It identifies the blockages which are the root cause of the ailments to which the particular organ is connected.
Any Yoga therapy is not based on absolute rules and functions. It should be a shrewd combination of massages, asanas, breathing techniques and meditation for a particular patient. Unlike Yoga classes, Yoga therapy is done in one-one or one -small group basis. Each individual is diagnosed and given a customized plan to reap the best benefits of Yoga. Also expert guidance is applied as to the number of repititions and order of practice.
Many disorders find considerable benefits through Yoga -
- Bronchial Asthma
- Knee Pain
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Headache/ Migraine
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Gastro-Intestinal Disorders
- Menstrual Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Immune-system Deficiencies
- Auto-immune Diseases
- Cardiac Problems
Ayurclinic houses some of skilled yoga practitioners. We invite you to come and explore the Integrated Approach in Yoga Therapy and discover and healthier you!
Book Your Appointment