Naturopathy refers to the healing power of nature, which is often neglected in today’s times. This system of medicine makes use of natural remedies, including acupuncture, exercise, massage, herbs and others to heal individuals. It is a combination of traditional treatments and modern science, which come together to treat an entire person (body, spirit, and mind).
For effective treatment when in Australia, one must visit a recommended naturopath in Melbourne. Such a person will look not just to get rid of the medical symptoms, but will also aim to eliminate the root causes of the illness. In most cases, naturopathic doctors spend 1-2 hours examining each patient.
Various questions are asked
During examination, the recommended naturopath in Melbourne will look to ask various relevant questions, most of which will be regarding:
· Current stress levels
· Regular lifestyle habits
· Health history
If any latest health tests have been done, they must be carried along as well.
Based on the above information, the naturopath will discuss a personal health plan with the individual. As per responses to questions, tips with regards to stress management, diet, and exercise may be given.
Three groups of people are found to practice naturopathy. They can be found in clinics, community centers, private offices, and hospitals. Here are the details of these groups:
1) Traditional naturopaths– Such practitioners do not carry licenses and are also not accredited to any licensed medical school. Their education varies to a great degree.
2) Regular healthcare providers– Certain doctors, chiropractors, and nurses are specifically trained in naturopathic medicine
3) Naturopathic physicians-Such persons are known as either naturopathic doctors or doctors of naturopathic medicine. They are specifically qualified and attend 4-year graduate school. Although they learn basic sciences like conventional doctors, they also study psychology, complementary therapies like homeopathy, and psychology in detail. Naturopathic doctors have to be licensed to practice in certain US States.
Remember to find out about a naturopath’s educational qualification and know the State’s licensing requirements well enough before consultation.
Common health conditions for naturopathy
A large number of health issues can be treated with the help of these medicines. The names of some of them have been mentioned below:
· Problems in fertility
· Chronic pain
· Hormonal imbalances
· Chronic fatigue syndrome
· Depression and anxiety
· Cardiovascular diseases
Similar to Ayurveda
Certain aspects of naturopathic medicine are fairly similar to Ayurveda. Here are the points that describe the similarities:
1) Both methods treat not just symptoms but root causes of illnesses
2) Both make use of massage therapy, homeopathy, meditation, and yoga to bring the body to a healthy and balanced state
3) Natural diets are responsible for improving health in both cases
4) Both look to avoid excess sugar
5) Both aim to get rid of body toxins
Works well alongside traditional medicine
Naturopathy can help an individual recover well when he or she is already been administered a different type of treatment. One example of the same is chemotherapy for recovery from cancer.