Nature and qualities of Vata body type :
Ayurvedic ideology is based on the balance of tridoshas. Each one us have a unique constitution of body or pakriti.
The three doshas- Vata, Pitta and Kapha govern all the physical and mental processes of the body. Vata is the most crucial of all three doshas, since it is responsible for all movements in the body.
Individuals with predominant vata dosha contain the following characteristics. Check if you are a vata dominant person with following hints.
Physical Characteristics :
- Thin and active
- Skin is dry and rough
- Easily fatigued
- Tendency of cold hands and feet
- discomfort in cold season
- Dry hair
- less perspiration
- Digestion and appetite variable
- Either too tall or too short
- Creative and excited.
- Love new experiences.
- Quick to learn, quick to forget
- Talk and walk hastily
- Enthusiastic but has changeable moods
- Acts on impulse
- Disjointed/racing thoughts and disturbed sleep
In a balanced state, Vata creates a great mental energy, imagination and highly creative mind. When out of balance, Vata makes a person fearful, completely worried which results in irregular digestion, unintended weight loss and insomnia.
Some tips to maintain proper balance for vata body types.
- Prefer warm temperatures.
- Follow the daily schedule
- Get minimum 8 hours of sleep
- Prepare warm meals and sit for meals at regular time
- Add more sweet,sour and salty foods in your diet
- moderate, consistent exercise would help in retaining the mobile nature of vata.
- Ensure proper elimination daily.
- Add generous amount of quality oil or ghee in your foods.
- Always prefer cooked vegetables instead of raw ones.